Christmas is a particularly sensitive time when it comes to cardiovascular health. During the festive season, the incidence of heart attacks and other heart problems increases, and with it, the number of admissions and visits to the emergency department for this reason.
With the start of the new year, from IDOVENwe encourage you to take care of your cardiovascular health.
To do this, we will talk about cardiovascular risk factors and how we can take preventive action to lead healthier lives.
What are cardiovascular risk factors?
Cardiovascular risk factors are those associated with a greater probability of suffering a cardiovascular disease: cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, smoking, genetic predisposition, obesity and stress.
IDOVEN would like to give you some recommendations to take care of your heart throughout the year.
These recommendations can help you lead a healthier life by preventing those cardiovascular risk factors that are modifiable and within your reach:
- Eat a balanced diet: Meet your body's nutritional and energy needs with a healthy diet, rich in fruits and vegetables, reduce salt intake.
- Don't smoke: Smokers are three times more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease than the rest of the population.
- Get moving: Do an aerobic exercise programme (walking, gentle running, cycling, swimming...), at a moderate intensity (65-70 percent of your maximum heart rate) and on a regular basis (three to five sessions per week).
- Manage your stress: The relationship between stress and emotional stress and major coronary events has long been established. Rest, read, do those activities in your leisure time that bring you peace of mind.
- Get enough sleep: Remember that the body needs rest in order to function properly.
- Monitor your heart: Sometimes cardiac events such as myocardial infarction and arrhythmias can go unnoticed. IDOVEN helps you to prevent your cardiovascular health thanks to non-invasive monitoring of your heartbeat.You can monitor your heart by doing any activity at any time of the day.
By making these small changes, you could prevent and significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems.
Taking care of the heart should be an everyday thing.
IDOVEN helps in cardiovascular prevention all year round, detecting possible alterations in heart rhythm that cause cardiac events such as arrhythmias, myocardial infarction or sudden death.