From IDOVEN, we look at the health crisis that is affecting the world and especially Spain, and, like so many others, we ask ourselves how we can help.
Cardiology consultations in hospitals and other health centres are being cancelled or postponed to minimise the risks of exposure to the virus for patients and both medical and nursing teams. Waiting lists for in-office check-ups and other important tests such as electrocardiograms, stress tests, or application of holsters are being affected, and the reality is that we have to adapt to this new situation because we do not know when they will be able to resume normally.
In parallel, and given the absolute importance of following the indications of the health authorities and governments, we know that millions of citizens in Spain and other countries will not be able to leave their homes in a period of time yet to be defined. Many of them are patients with heart disease, a group that is particularly vulnerable to the virus, - with more severe symptoms and, according to recent scientific publications, a worse prognosis - who need regular medical monitoring. Others are experiencing new symptoms such as palpitations, dizziness, fainting or chest pain during this period and are having difficulty undergoing the necessary tests to diagnose the cause of their symptoms.
Aware of this situation, we strive to offer you our online cardiology at a distance, and to facilitate remote medical testing.
We know that your health comes first. Remember to perform your heart test without leaving home, safely and reliably. The IDOVEN medical team is available to help you with any questions you may have.
As explained by the Dr. Manuel Marina BreysseHe is a cardiologist, CEO and co-founder of IDOVEN, a research scientist at the National Centre for Cardiovascular Research (CNIC) and a doctor for the Spanish Agency for Health Protection in Sport (AEPSAD):
"In IDOVEN we were the pioneers in the world to offer more than a year ago the first digital cardiology service in remote and we have been reaching many European homes, bringing medicine to patients who need it without leaving their homes, overcoming the physical distance and in recent days helping to download our health system now that it needs to devote much of its resources to combat the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
In this way, we try to ensure that, in these difficult times, patients who need it have access to care from a first-rate cardiology and nursing team with experience in prestigious health institutions in the country. With the same rigor and precision that we have always done, both working in the hospital and working remotely during this last professional stage. Our experience practicing this medicine remotely is allowing us to help people who are asking us these last days, without them having to leave home and therefore minimizing the risks of contagion.
Today I want to thank all of you who are helping us to make this possible."
Dr Manuel Marina Breysse
The online and remote heart study service is aimed at:
- those chronically ill patients who have had their consultations and electrocardiogram or holter type tests with their usual cardiologist cancelled or postponed.
- anyone who feels palpitations, chest pain, choking, dizziness, fainting, and wants to test for heart problems
The process is simple. No leaving the house, no face-to-face contact. Minimizing the risks.
- Request your study through our website.
- A courier will deliver a heart monitoring kit and simple instructions for use to your home. It has no wires, it's like an undershirt with sensors and a recorder that monitors your heartbeat.
- The kit is delivered in a watertight bag and the medical material is sterilized. All phases of the handling, logistics, shipping and delivery process are carried out in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Wear it for 24 hours. Your heartbeat will be recorded: while you work, walk, have dinner with your family or watch a movie. And also at night while you sleep.
- After 24 hours, a courier will pick up the kit at your home and give us the data from your cardiological record. We will assume the cost of shipping.
- Our team of cardiologists will analyze the recorded electrocardiogram for possible arrhythmias and other heart problems.
- In less than seven days you will receive your online cardiology diagnosis, which includes
- If your heart is healthy
- If anomalies or defects have been found, and in that case, what to do.
- Customized lifestyle recommendations.
- You will be able to share all this medical information with your family doctor or specialist digitally, without having to go to a consultation.
Our process is designed for any family member.
In IDOVEN we are helping our health system by trying to decongest hospitals and clinics allowing those who request it to study the state of their heart, minimizing the risk of infection by the coronavirus. In close collaboration with the company Nuubo, we have been pioneering this new way of bringing medicine to those who have needed it for more than a year. We have the necessary infrastructure and logistics network to guarantee the quality of this online cardiology at home. Thus offering a professional alternative to study heart problems and the health of those who need it, wherever they live.
Do not hesitate to contact us for anything you need, we will be happy to help.
Request your online cardiology test and receive it at home.
If you want to know what we can do for you, contact us at email@example.com