In today's post we are going to solve a question that you ask us quite often in the mail and on social networks.
What is the difference between an anxiety attack and a heart attack or heart problem?
The first thing we must differentiate is that anxiety attacks are usually caused by an experience in our childhood, a traumatic event, or may even have a genetic component and be hereditary.
There are many types of anxiety disorders produced by various causes. It is worth noting:
- Agoraphobia: Fear of places and situations that can cause panic. They can make you feel trapped, helpless, or ashamed.
- Anxiety disorder due to illness includes symptoms of anxiety caused by a physical health problem.
- Generalized anxiety disorder is persistent and excessive anxiety and worry about activities or events in our daily lives.
- Separation anxiety disorder from our parents. Directly affecting the development of the child and his or her relationship with the parents.
- Social anxiety disorder involves high levels of anxiety, fear, or rejection of social situations due to feelings of shame, insecurity, and concern about being judged or perceived negatively by others.
- Substance-induced anxiety disorder. Associated with abstinence from drug use primarily.
There are many more causes and types of disorders, but as we can see they are all caused by a previous personal episode or by a situation that has caused us fear and later anxiety.
If we focus on heart problems or heart attacks, we must emphasize that they are produced by an alteration in the correct functioning of our heart system, manifesting itself in the form of arrhythmias, myocardial infarction or sudden death.
In some cases, anxiety attacks or anxiety episodes may be the cause of heart problems but they are not always related or the beginning of a cardiovascular problem.
Heart problems or heart attacks are often manifested by dizziness, chest pain, palpitations or drowning during the practice of any sport.
These heart problems are not always related to moments of stress, fear or anxiety. The cause of these heart attacks is a heart problem, malformation in the heart system, or a serious health problem.
Therefore, since IDOVENWe always recommend the use of our services to rule out any cardiac pathology and try to prevent early and non-invasive cardiovascular problems to improve the quality of life of our customers and thus have longer, healthier and happier lives.
Tell us your case and we can tell you how IDOVEN can help you to know the state of your heart and that you can safely practice any activity or your favorite sport.